Celebrate Ontario 2018Up to $300,000 for your events.
The Celebrate Ontario program helps New or Existing Tourism Events to enhance programs, activities and services and support innovations that lead to long-term improvements, sustainability and the attraction of additional tourists.
Deadline: Thursday November 9th, 2017
Maximum Funding: $300,000
Deadline: Thursday November 9th, 2017
Maximum Funding: $275,000 per year
Deadline: Applications accepted on an ongoing basis
- Event Bid Application: 2 months prior to bid deadline
- Event Hosting Application: four months prior to event
Maximum Funding for Blockbuster Event Hosting: 20% of eligible expenses
A Tourism Event is an event, festival or series of public activities organized annually or biennially within a set period of time, with specific programming and developed with the intention of becoming a tourism driver over the long-term that is marketed to tourists.
A Tourist is an individual (including an Ontario resident) who travels 40 kilometres or more (one-way), or crosses the Ontario border to attend a Tourism Event. Contributors to a Tourism Event (e.g., performers, suppliers, vendors, etc.) are not considered tourists.
An Enhancement Project is
- an initiative that provides improvements to a Tourism Event’s programming and services or that enhances the tourist experience.
- designed to increase tourism attendance, tourist expenditures and overnight stays during a Tourism Event.
- should improve the quality and long-term sustainability of a Tourism Event, and may be promoted and marketed to tourists as a stand-alone initiative.
- Has legal status for one year or longer as of January 1, 2018 (e.g., organizations established by or under legislation; are federally or provincially incorporated; are band councils established under the Indian Act, Canada; or are other Indigenous organizations that are incorporated).
- Is not in default of the terms and conditions of any grant or loan agreement with any ministry or agency of the Government of Ontario.
- Occurs in the Province of Ontario.
- Is annual or biennial (in the case of New Tourism Events, have the intention of repeating).
- Occurs between April 1, 2018 – March 31, 2019 (For Multi-Year applicants, the second year Tourism Event must occur between April 1, 2019 and March 31, 2020).
- Is open to the public at large, without membership in a club or group.
- Is not primarily commercial in nature (e.g., trade fairs and consumer shows).
- Is not a symposium, convention, meeting, conference, seminar, clinic or award show.
- Does not have a sole focus on anniversaries (e.g. civic or national holidays and municipal anniversaries, including the national days of other countries or nations)>
- Does not seek to attract only a special interest audience or recruit new members (e.g. religious or political gatherings and workshops).
Enhancements are assessed on their ability to demonstrate:
- Increased attendance and geographic reach.
- Increased tourist visitation and expenditures.
- Improvements in quality of Tourism Events and improved sustainability.
- Attraction of overnight and out-of-province tourists and visitors to a community through the development and marketing of overnight packages (e.g., theatre/hotel/restaurant discounts) and incentives.
- Strengthening of Ontario’s tourism brand image throughout Canadian and international markets.
Contact Gladstone Consulting: We bring years of leading experience in matching your organization’s needs to Celebrate Ontario priorities and processes, maximizing your chances for success. Gladstone Consulting will assist you in:
- Reviewing program priorities and requirements in context of your Tourism Events plans.
- Reviewing the Application Guide, Grants Ontario Application Form and the Celebrate Ontario Project Application Form (Single or Multi-Year).
Tel: (416) 830-4313